Published on : Wednesday, October 6, 2021
Phuket officials have announced that people willing to enter Thailand under the Phuket Sandbox scheme can now do so under Visa on Arrival (VOA).
The announcement was posted online on Oct 4, but with no extra details has been released. The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) is yet to announce the same through its formal channels.
The notice posted online was titled, “Arrival Requirements for ’Phuket Sandbox’ visitors who wish to apply for a ‘Visa on Arrival’ (VOA)”.
The conditions and process of entering Thailand under the Phuket Sandbox scheme on a VOA are as follows:
- You need to have an approved ’Certificate of Entry’ (COE) before flying to Thailand (printed version required). You can apply for the COE for Visa on Arrivals via https://coethailand.mfa.go.th
- Download the mobile application on arrival. However, the app was not specified.
- Your documents would be checked at the ’Port Health and Quarantine’ at Phuket International Airport
- When applying for the ’Visa on Arrival’ you will need to:
- Fill out the application form provided
- Make sure that your passport is valid for at least 30 days
- Have a confirmed return flight ticket
- Have a ’SHABA’ confirmation of a ’SHA Plus’ hotel for a minimum of 7 days
- Produce proof that you are carrying 10,000 baht (20,000 for a family) in any currency
- 2,000 baht for the ’Visa Application Fee’
- Clear the ’Immigration’ process
- Proceed to the baggage hall and collect luggage
- Proceed to ’Customs’
- Go outside the terminal to the compulsory ’RT-PCR’ Covid-19 test station
- Depart to your SHA Plus hotel with a ’SHA Plus’ pre-booked transportation (directly with no stops in between)
The VOA will be granted for only 15 days, and it cannot be extended.