Published on : Wednesday, October 20, 2021
As New South Wales blasts through vaccine milestones, in the tourism and events industry, the state government is gearing up to invest $530 million which has got badly impacted by pandemic restrictions.
Today the package has been disclosed, sees the Stay & Rediscover scheme expanded, support extended to all the important state events and the introduction of a Festival Relaunch package among many others. Premier Dominic Perrottet explained that this package would attract tourists and motivate the businesses and attractions that contribute $38 billion to the local economy.
To quote Perrottet, “Millions of people around the world dream of visiting Sydney and our regional areas. This package not only ensures they can, but that they’ll experience the very best of what we have to offer.”
“It’s also great news for people right across our state, reviving events and businesses and bringing our major drawcards back to life. Importantly, more than 300,000 people rely on our tourism industry and our aim is to reclaim our position as one of the world’s favourite destinations.”
The tourism and events recovery package comprises few of the following:
• $250 million for the expanded Stay & Rediscover scheme providing a $50 voucher to all NSW adults to cash in at accommodation premises across NSW.
• $150 million to help in reviving all the key event activities across the state including $50 million for a Regional Events Package to support famous events, festivals, agricultural shows and community events across the regions.
• $60 million for an Aviation Attraction Fund to incentivise international airlines to start flights to Sydney again.
• $6 million to bring back business events to the city once more.
• $50 million for the CBDs Revitalisation Program to support events and activations in CBDs across Greater Sydney and surrounds.