Fylde Council is in the process of launching a new grant scheme to support the recovery of the tourism and culture economy in the borough.
The ARG Event Support Scheme is part of the Additional Restrictions Grant Fund, and will contribute up to £10,000 towards any additional cost to manage Covid-19 infection or for other operational costs for the delivery of an event as we come out of the pandemic.
The grant is available to any formal established organisation, private sector business or recognised charity that holds an event in the Fylde Borough between 1st July 2021 and 31st March 2022.
Support is available for events returning after the pandemic, new events looking to return every year or one-off events put on specifically to support the post-pandemic economic recovery in Fylde.
Cllr Karen Buckley, Leader of Fylde Council, is delighted to be introducing the new scheme. She said: “As a tourist destination events are a hugely important part of our heritage and are the lifeblood of many businesses and organisations here in Fylde.
“The impact that Covid-19 has had on the events industry has been devastating, so we have allocated monies from the Additional Restrictions Grant Fund to give it a much-needed boost.
“With restrictions continuing to ease it will be fantastic to see Fylde spring back into life with families enjoying everything we have to offer.”
Businesses and charities that meet the following key criteria can apply for the ARG Event Support Scheme until 31 January 2022:
• The event must be held in the Fylde borough
• The operator must be local to and/or operate in the borough
• The event must take place before 31 March 31, 2022
• The event must have cultural, social and/or economic benefit
• The event must be a form of attraction, show, entertainment etc.
• The event must be available to the public (free or by ticket)
• The event must comply with the guidance for all events in Fylde
• The funding cannot be used for capital investment or purchases
If a grant is awarded up to £10,000 funding is available with 100% funding for costs directly related to COVID measures at the event and 50% towards operational costs.
The post Fylde Council to launch cash support scheme to revive tourism and culture appeared first on Travel And Tour World.